Thursday, April 30, 2009

Muesli with Fruit and Almond Butter


This submission is from Kiki, and if you can read Greek you can even read about it on her mom's blog, Betty's Cuisine.

Muesli with Greek yogurt, fruits and almond butter: Mix 1/2 cup of muesli - you can pick and choose, use your fave muesli/granola/cereal (I use Dorset Cereals Tasty, Toasted Spelt, Barley & Oat Flakes) with 2 spoonfuls of Greek Yogurt.

Add your favorite fruits chopped up - I used a small green apple, a banana, and a handful of red grapes. Top with 1 spoonful of Almond Butter.

I think soy or coconut yogurt would be a great vegan substitute for the dairy yogurt.

3 comments:

Kari J said...

That sounds super good! Thanks!

Zachary said...

It looks great! However, is it just me or is that almond butter rather orange looking? I wasn't expecting it to be that color!

Jennifershmoo said...

It could just be the lighting. It looks okay to me -- I've had almond butter that looked like that, very smooth and drizzle-able.