Monday, May 4, 2009

Butternut Squash Fries

Here is a submission from Christie Haigh at Haigh Happenings, who writes: "Here is one of my favorites- butternut squash fries. This is a healthy addition to any meal- low in calories and high in fiber. It is a source of all kinds of good things like vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, and potassium, and vitamin A. I like to bulk up my meal with these.

"Here is a picture after I cut it up, cut the skin off, and put it in the pan. I sprayed it with cooking spray, sprinkled cumin and kosher salt on it:

"The great thing is that 2 of my 3 kids also like to eat them. Aliah digging in:


"Violet with a whole fist full:

"Ricky is still dubious, he tried one today for I think the second time. That's progress- it only took me 7 years to get him to eat broccoli."

2 comments:

Melanie Lynn said...

What temp and how long did you cook them for?

Anonymous said...

Only recently have I discovered a love for squash. I particularly like it caramelized in Canola oil. These fries are a GREAT idea. What a neat, and fun way to incorporate them into a meal. Thank you!

This is my first visit, but I'll definitely be back for more. You're helping to make healthy eating fun and delicious.