Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dining out in France


Mandy says, "I recently returned from teaching English in Spain. During the holidays, my husband came over and we traveled around Europe. As vegans, we were a little worried about finding places to eat, however, we were thrilled to find that there were many vegetarian and vegan restaurants and even more health food stores where we could find all kinds of vegan treats! Here are some pictures of my family and I while in Nice, France. We went to Le Speakeasy Cafe, a vegan restaurant run by an American woman.


"For appetizers there was bread with olives and home-made potato pate.


"For the main course we got potato pie, barley and broccoli, seitan, and tempeh sausage with sauerkraut.


"For dessert there were strawberry tarts, but I forgot to take a picture! Oh well. It was all delicious!"

0 comments: