Monday, May 11, 2009

Yoga in French Class


Here's some more work/school inspiration for Monday! Isabelle Alarie in Montreal writes, "A couple of weeks ago, our school participated in the 5/30 Health Challenge (eating at least 5 portions of fruits and vegetables a day and exercising 30 minutes a day). This was a province-wide endeavor which became a school-wide activity for our high school.

"Now as a French teacher, I can't really do much other than talk (in French) about nutrition and healthy lifestyles, but depending on the students I get, fun things can happen.

"My grade 10 students actually did some "competitive" yoga during French class!! It was fun and hilarious! We did this all period (50 minutes) and they often ask if we could do it again."

This is great, it reminds me of the yoga classes I used to lead during lunchtime at my office (back in the pre-shmoo days). Does anyone else have pics and stories to inspire health at work or school?

1 comments:

Faith said...

I love this!!! We have a quiet room at work, and I go in there during breaks to do a little yoga. Usually someone will walk in while I'm doing downward facing dog--trust me, you don't want to see my backside sticking up in the air!

thanks for doing this blog. i took a look at the why you're fat blog and got really queasy, and very glad I went vegan. :) I love all your blogs--