Monday, December 28, 2009

Sticking To Your Resolutions!


Leah the Magic Knitter writes, "This is me after completeing the Changwon Tongil 5k race where I had a personal best of 33:03. I made a resolution on January 1, 2009 to become healthier and lose the 80 pounds I had put on over 7 years. Since January, I have lost 50 pounds. My last 5k race when I was 240 pounds was run in 43 minutes. By dropping 50 pounds and becoming active again, I was able to beat that by a full 10 minutes. For all those people who don't stick with their resolutions, I just wanted to say get up and move. You won't regret it!"

3 comments:

emm said...

Way to go!!

Congrats on a personal best!

Regina said...

Most impressive!!! Congrats to Leah! Next stop, triathlons!

Kendra said...

Woohoo! Nice job! Congrats on the PR! I vote for triathlons too! Whatever keeps you moving!