Friday, August 14, 2009

Okra and Lima Bean Masala


Okra and Lima Bean Masala is one of my favorite dishes from SusanV's FatFree Vegan Kitchen. I've made this several times for a fast, healthy supper -- it's so easy using frozen chopped okra and canned tomatoes. Susan tells me, "I think you may be the first person to mention that they've tried the lima bean masala! I'm so glad you like it. I'm a big fan of lima beans and like to put them to non-traditional uses."

Thanks for a wonderful blog, SusanV!

5 comments:

GF Gidget said...

Where do you get mango powder?! That is one of the oddest ingredients I have ever heard! (naturally I have to try it now...) :-)

Jennifershmoo said...

You can find it at an Indian market. But if you don't have any substitute lemon juice. :-)

robiewankenobie said...

i totally read that as Obama and Lima Bean Masala. ::giggle::

Kara said...

Looks delicious! I love okra.

Unknown said...

im always looking for new ways to eat lima beans :) looks delicious