Saturday, June 13, 2009

GRILL WEEK: Tofu Skewers


Here's one more from Nachos in Australia: "This was last night's dinner! Grilled skewers of tofu, eggplant, zucchini, red capsicum & mushroom. They were marinated in tamari, tamarind, lemon juice, ginger & filtered water. Served with "couscous" made out of ground cauliflower & mixed herbs, salad, and a very garlicy home made hommus!"

Thank you Nachos, for all your great submissions! I'm very intrigued by your cauliflower couscous -- do you have a recipe?

3 comments:

Nachos said...

I don't know exact portions off the top of my head but I used a whole head of cauli and it made approx 4 serves. You use the florets only (save the stalks for something else like soup or mashed cauli).

Put florets through a food processor (raw) and they will come out with a cous cous consistency. Chop up about a cup and a half or two of fresh herbs (parsley, mint, coriander, spring onion).

Sauté cauli in a little oil, add some stock, stir in the herbs and some lemon juice.

Voila!

Nachos said...

Actually... I think I used some ground spices as well like cumin and tumeric! You could use anything, really :)

Annodear said...

Interesting!! I love cauliflower :-)